Huey, Dewey, Louie

rodney-selfhelpbikeco@juno.com rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Tue Aug 12 14:49:22 CEST 2003

>So there's indeed some mix-up here, but I tend to give the cartoon >first
>credit. I'd be interested in any new information on this matter, too.

Credit for the nephews has always traditionally gone to Al Taliaferro, but I've often thought it more than just coincidence that a couple of mischevious nephews (Ham and Ex) were created while Jack King was at Warner Brothers shortly before he left for Disney.  I've always secretly suspected that he liked the idea, and redeveloped it for the duck.

Of course, Huey, Dewey and Louie are beloved today while Ham and Ex may be considered two of the most obnoxious cartoon characters ever created, so some credit must go to writers as well.