About popularity of creators

mateusz lis lis- at wp.pl
Tue Aug 12 20:32:19 CEST 2003

Me:
> >>But is Barks really more popular than Rosa now?

Timo:
> How you measure popularity? By readership? (...)

I asked this question because I made a poll for the most popular Disney
creator on my website a couple of months ago. Don Rosa won (45%), Barks was
the second (18%), Vicar was the third (8%). So Don Rosa is the most popular
Disney creator in Poland, but I wasn't suprised because:

- When the Barks story was in every issue of be-weekly, and later weekly,
there were no credits given
- There were three Rosa's albums here in Poland and, so far, no Barks'
albums :-(

Of course the results would be totally different in the countries with
longer Disney-tradition, but I think they could be quite similar in
countries where Disney started after cold war.

Mateusz Lis