The Lost Dutchman's Mine

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Thu Aug 14 01:08:43 CEST 2003

Don Rosa <donrosa at iglou.com> wrote:

> If I'd said anything about it -- I worship
> Moebius' western works and often refer to
> them for authentic visual details when doing
> wild-western stories like that one and
> "The Three Caballeros Ride Again".

Moebius? Who's that, Charlier or Giraud?
Anyway I agree with you that Blueberry is great comics. First time I read
Blueberry was back in 1976.

> I wonder if "Lost Dutchman's Mine" is even the
> title of that story in Europe -- perhaps that
> was only the title chosen by the American
> translators?

I can only speak for the Scandinavian translations. Here that tale was
published over two albums. Translated directly to English the Danish titles
are: "The mad German's Mine" and "The ghost shoots width golden bullets".
These stories was first published in 1973 or so in the weekly magazine
"Tempo" (Norway) and "Fart og Tempo" (Denmark). I don't know what the
magazine was called in Sweden - if they had it.

Sigvald