More than one cat?

rodney-selfhelpbikeco@juno.com rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Thu Aug 14 19:10:32 CEST 2003

Sigvald...
>Obvious there are more than one cat
>villain in Disney's universes.

rodney...
Not so obvious if you ask me, since Barks himself referred to that character as Pete in some of the English stories, and one could suppose that the other stories were Pete in disguise (similar to how Yosemite Sam often has different names in the Warner Bros cartoons, but there's no doubt that it's Sam).

In my opinion (though I understand that this may be impossible) the only way to really know if Barks intended the characters to be the same is to read the stories in the language that they were written in, that way you're sure to read them the way Barks wrote them, not the way that a translator rewrote them.

rodney.