The Google-WEB Poll - Improved version

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Sat Aug 16 21:43:19 CEST 2003

SIGVALD:

> ------------------- Summary/Conclusion: ------------------- This is
> *not* a 100% accurate ranking, but due to the huge number of hits
> counted in this poll (a total of 80541 hits), the big differences
> between the scores for Barks, Rosa vs the others, and the fact that
> those scores doesn't seem to contradict the impression of these
> artist's popularity in DCML and elsewhere indeed indicates that this
> poll proves that Don Rosa is the most popular Disney artist/creator
> among those still alive and active. Furthermore this poll leave small
> doubt that Barks is the most popular Disney artist/creator ever! And
> finally yet another interesting point - this poll seem to support my
> friendly suggestion of David Gerstein as the one who should be asked
> to do a "LoP"-tale.

Your analysis doesn't prove much, Sigvald, and your conclusion is based
on many more assumptions than mentioned in your "Possible errors.."
paragraph.

If I did a similar search on "Osama Bin Laden" and compared that to our
Danish prime minister "Anders Fogh Rasmussen", the outcome would be
(according to your so-called "scientific" method) that Bin Laden is a
much more popular guy compared to Anders. Not that I appreciate any of
them, but that's a different story. My idea is, that you change your
conclusion into "mostly debated on the Internet" or something like that.

Did your study in history include any courses in statistics or how to
gather public opinions?

Søren