Dane (Stupidly) Refuses to Drop the Issue of Ingenuity

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Mon Aug 18 00:35:52 CEST 2003

Sigvald wrote:

> a) The Italians have completely redrawn the Money Bin, they either don't
> like or they don't respect the original look Barks once
> gave it.

[snip other points of the same vein]

Er... what's the problem with this, again? If current Disney artists didn't have the freedom to alter and adjust things as they see fit, then where is the *ingenuity*? Should current artists have to follow Barks' pencil lines directly, when they should be creating Disney comics the way they *want* to?

I enjoy Disney comics because the creators have much more freedom to alter and adjust than their animation counterparts. There's still creativity in Disney comics, unlike other Disney material.

(This isn't meant to be an Offensive Flame; just an observation, perhaps written a little too harshly. Or passionately, for that matter. That's the scary part.)

What am I saying? We've been over this again and again. New topic.
--
Dane