Sigvald's universe

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Mon Aug 18 01:42:34 CEST 2003

KAI SAARTO to me, 18-08-2003:

> Just wanted to say that this [ad nauseam] discussion about the
> importance of Don Rosa is getting really tiresome as far as I'm
> concerned. Is there anyone on this list who actually enjoys this?

I enjoy listing what I know about Carl Barks. I don't enjoy the
discussing around it. In fact, I'm sick of it! So, I'm now at the
point of just contributing what I know, without paying any attention
to Sigvald himself anymore.

> I believe we all can form our own opinions about worth of each
> message, so there is really no need for anyone to point out that
> somebody said something "stupid" and then argue about it for days
> with him/her.

The discussion is not just about opinions, but about wrong information.
*That's* what bothers me.

> I'm seeing a tendency where some people attack Sigvald every time
> he writes anything by giving his words the worst possible meaning.

Please, Kai. When Sigvald writes something, his words often already
*have* the worst possible meaning!

I understand your email, but I object against victimizing Sigvald.
People have had an enormous lot of patience with him. For months.
Sigvald has got lots of chances, and he *still* gets chances. But he
just keeps going on with forcing Don Rosa's name into discussions,
almost as if he's being paid for it.

So, I don't want to hear anything like "please people, don't be so
hard on Sigvald". That's putting the situation upside down, IMO.

--- Daniël