"Business Long Overdue" and other Barks oils

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 18 20:48:43 CEST 2003

Hi again everyone!

Katie:

>> Mine too!  I have a print of it framed over the bureau in my
>> bedroom!  ^_^
>> (I also have a print of "Nobody's Spending Fool" above my bed!,
>> right below the "Hearts of the Yukon" lithograph that came with
>> my Gladstone Lo$ album.  ;)

>> This sounds like a good topic for others to add to.  What if any
>> Disney comic art do you have permanently displayed in your house
>> or office?

Nice topic!
I have all five of  Dreidreizhen's calendars/portfolios (1995-1999) and have
framed several; I rotate them.
One large window, the furniture (and lots of  books) take up a lot of  room,
and a few recent additions complicated things even more.

On the wall to my right:
- one a vertical frame (50*40); currently, "Only a Poor Old Man" (from
Ehapa's cover portfolio)

Right in front of  me, above the computer:
- Helnwein's "Sixtieth Birthday - Donald Duck" poster (80*60 cm - vertical);
here to stay
- next to it (left) 2 horistonal frames (50*40) with Barks paintings;
currently, "Heat Wave" (turned out to be most literally appropriate this
year) and "Return to Morgan's Island" (I love that one; nice colors)
- left of  these, above bookshelves, a vertical frame; currently, Daan
Jippes' "Mystery of  the Swamp" cover (DDA7) (which I scanned, cleaned up,
and printed on A3 paper-- 42*29.7); I love this cover; I'd like to do the
same with "Merry Christmas" (Barks cover), "The Old Castle's Secret", ... ;
I did that with "Terror of  the River" (scanned from the first volume of
the hardcover CBL)

Left wall (ie, sitting at the computer), above the door:
- a map of  The Shire (from a set of  6 maps from TLOTR)-- sued to be Don
Rosa's signed Pertwillaby / Captain Kentucky poster; I'll put it up
elsewhere

Same wall, above all my Disney comics:
- two vertical frames; currently, "Sailing the Spanish Main" (one of  my
favorites) and "Flubbity Dubbity Duffer"
- to the left, above the bookshelves & my bed, a splendid Dufex map of
Middle Earth (80*60)
- also two horizontal frames, currently with "An Embarrassment of  Riches"
and "Sport of  Tycoons" underneath

Finally, above my bed (my head, ie):
- one vertical frame with "Live It Up, Kid!" (never changes)
- one horizontal frame, currently holding "Dam Disaster at Money Lake"

That's all.
Well, in 30*20, frames I also have a couple of  pictures (printed scans--
"The Expert", "Terror of  the River", ...) to display with my Disney comics.
Plus a few Disney items.
I wish I had more room to store more books & CD's, and hang more prints (the
Money Bin blueprints poster, for instance).

Best wishes,

Olivier