copyright laws

SBHSN@aol.com SBHSN at aol.com
Wed Aug 20 03:31:37 CEST 2003

Cord wrote:

Didn't the copyright at least for the old Gottfredson Mickey Mouse
strips already expire? According to this table
http://www.unc.edu/~unclng/public-d.htm everything which has been
published more than 67 years ago should be. So at least the first six
years of MM cartoons should be public domain by now and it should be
possible to reprint them without asking or paying Disney any licence
fee. Im no lawyer, though, so please do not pin me down to this ;-)

I could be very mistaken, but I am under the impression that the U.S.
Congress extended the copyright period this year, and I believe the expiration is 100
years. That probably only applies in the USA.  Don't flame me if I'm wrong,
though!   :-D

Steve in Austin