Somewhere in Nowhere - when will we see it?

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Fri Aug 22 13:35:08 CEST 2003

Here's Sigvald again, trying to be positive:

> From what I have heard Egmont was originally offered this story, but
> rejected the offer because the price demanded for it was to
> high. Can this be correct?

Yes, it can be correct, if you spell "too high" correctly. 8-)

> I thought that Egmont usually pay a set amount of
> $ per page
> regardless of the complexity of the art and regardless of who
> has drawn the art.

That may be the case. And if that is the case, it explains why the demand price for "Somewhere in Nowhere" was too high for Egmont.

> Another question is if there is any connection between the price
> demanded for this story and Don Rosa's strike a few years
> later

There is no connection at all. I have the impression that you have no idea what Don's strike was about. (BTW, there's no need to go further into this matter. It's not relevant here anyway.)

> - as there
> obviously is no reason to pay Lustig/Block any better than Don.

Obviously? Can you explain how I should read this sentence, while also keeping in mind what you wrote: "I have been too critical towards too many artist/creators"?

And what about Barks? Why do you only mention "Lustig/Block" as people-to-be-paid for that story?

--Harry.