Barks's reptile quote / gag / Hunger strike / Time travel / Harry

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Fri Aug 29 15:42:00 CEST 2003

SANTIAGO GARCIAB to me, 29-08-2003:

>>"Very good show! Here is a REWARD for you and your talented reptile!"
>> (Which Barks story?)

> Could it be a Scrooge gag?

Yes, it is a Scrooge gag. One of my most favourites, a gag which made
me burst from laughter when I first read it.

A gag *is* a story. Only just a very short one. But I'm guilty of having
divided gags and stories as separate items, myself. Where does the word
"gag" come from, by the way? Is it a correct word? The Carl Barks Library
calls them "fillers".

(At the end of this email, there's a new quote.)

CORD WILJES to me, 29-08-2003:

>> [Time travel is] dangerous. What would happen if Walt Disney decides
>> to drop the idea of Mickey Mouse, because it already has been
>> copyrighted by the potential audience? That means no Mickey Mouse,
>> no Gottfredson books, and therefore no reason to go back to old
>> California to make them affordable...

> ...and no travelling back in time so no pre-copyright and thus Disney
> will not have been had (future perfect II *g*) no reason to drop the
> idea. Or he will not drop it right away. So essentially he has
> no choice, regardless of what I do.

I just went to the shops, but nowhere I could find a cheap Gottfredson
collection. Nowhere! Not even an expensive one. What went wrong with
your mission?

HARRY FLUKS to SIGVALD GROSFJELD, 29-08-2003:

> Sigvald, you won the prize for this month's most ridiculous DCML
> discussion.

Hey! What about the above discussion, Harry? It even has developed from
the subject of hunger strike to the pros and cons of time travel! Within
a few days!

And besides, the month is not over yet. If we're going to discuss
ridiculous discussions, that would be a potential candidate for a
rather ridiculous discussion, too!

--- Daniël

"Never, never have I so much enjoyed being a JUDGE before!"
(Which Barks story?)