Rich's witches (and Cristina, EB, Daniel)

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Fri Aug 29 17:35:11 CEST 2003

> > 1) Magica de Spell [...]

About her possibly being a witch: there's also a cover sketch by Barks that carries the title "Which face is witch?", which seems to be the original title of the story "The Many Faces of Magica De Spell".

Cristina:

> Magiko Lo Stregone Zoologico [...]
> I don't even recall the title right now. However, it was a story
> published in a rather old Topolino issue.

I think you refer to "Amelia e lo spasimante tenace" in Topolino 2035, November 1994.
Inducks code: I TL 2035-2.

Eta Beta:

> I don't know whether Mim is used at all, these days...

She is used quite regularly in Holland. She's on her own in most stories. In some Dutch stories from the 80s and 90s, she teamed up with Hazel and/or Magica.
As Daniël wrote: most (but not all) current Mim stories are written by Frank Jonker. And most current Mim stories are very funny!

Daniël:

> Does Granny de Spell appear in those stories in which Magica
> and Madam Mim live together in a castle?

Yes.

> I *love* those stories and the zany, motionless
> way the characters are drawn! Who's the artist of these stories?

Jim Fletcher. He's the American "Carol Voges", in the way that you like his art, while I hate it. 8-)
(Correct me if I'm wrong...)

--Harry.
(Who also enjoys W.I.T.C.H. very much, but who never read chapter 1, unfortunately...)