Olaf's foreword

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sat Aug 30 01:27:08 CEST 2003

Olaf Solstrand <olaf at andebyonline.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could help me out
> here. A few months ago, I wrote a preface to
> one of the "De Komplette Årgangene" books
> (1957 III, I think). And lately, I got a
> message on e-mail from someone who had read
> it and thought it was great - which must mean
> it is out.

Yes it is, I've got it and it's great indeed!

> Svein-Erik Søland in Egmont has promised to
> send me the book - but as I'm too curious to
> wait...

Aha! Is he the one to blame for *not* treating you in the same polite way as
our friend AC Sivebaek was treated by the Danish publisher? AC was allowed
to write 3 forewords (1955 I, II and III) and there was a photo of him
included with all of them.

> ....I was wondering if anyone here had this
> book and was able to scan these pages for me.

Off course:
http://duckman.pettho.com/olaf/olaf_01.jpg
http://duckman.pettho.com/olaf/olaf_02.jpg
http://duckman.pettho.com/olaf/olaf_03.jpg
http://duckman.pettho.com/olaf/olaf_04.jpg
http://duckman.pettho.com/olaf/olaf_05.jpg
http://duckman.pettho.com/olaf/olaf_06.jpg
http://duckman.pettho.com/olaf/olaf_07.jpg
http://duckman.pettho.com/olaf/olaf_08.jpg
http://duckman.pettho.com/olaf/olaf_09.jpg

May I suggest that you include these scans in your excellent Andeby-online
pages!

And by the way, hopefully our Danish friends won't blame you for using
nynorsk although I will guess that they would probably have found bokmaal
easier to read. This however leads me to a last question: did you reflect
much about whether to use nynorsk or bokmaal in that text? I mean given the
fact that the content of the book is in bookmaal using bokmaal would have
been a possibility and I guess nobody would have blamed you for such a
choice either.

Sigvald