DCML Digest Issue 80

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sun Aug 31 08:17:11 CEST 2003

> From: "Daniel van Eijmeren" <dve at kabelfoon.nl>
> Subject: Barks about Magica the witch
> Barks discusses Magica as a witch, on page 113.
> "I thought at the time: Disney's always had witches who were ugly and
> repulsive--why shouldn't I draw one that's not ugly, but outright sexy?"

As you can see, the point Barks is making here concerns the reason for
Magica's beauty, not  her magical capabilities. Use of the word "witch" is
the only context in which the point can be made.

From: "Madame Jennifer Inantaz" <madame82 at hotmail.com>
Subject: Mr.Don Rosa
Don't tell anyone that you've never been an engineer, they'll know that
you're lying through your teeth.  ;-)

Um....
Huh? I don't think I follow that....?
(You did know that I've never been an engineer... I only have a college
degree that would enable me to become one... right?)