All CB library

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Dec 1 15:15:42 CET 2003

TIMO:

> Whole set of CBL was sold for $1,424.99 at ebay
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2203061962&category=71

As the starting bid was only $250, and the winning bid was not much higher
than the original price of $1000, especially if you take inflation into
account, I wonder if there is much demand for these sets. I can see why this
would be so, as most, if not all of Barks stories have now been printed in
other, easier to read formats, and in color, too. It's been ages since I last
opened any of my sets. As for the articles, if I hadn't wanted to get my full
money's worth from these sets, I doubt if I would have read more than a
couple, and I certainly don't remember any of them. Reading about Barks'
stories is nowhere near as exiting as reading the stories themselves!

The closing price of $1424.99 makes me wonder if it was the result of a long
bidding session between Scrooge and Glomgold:
"$250!"
"$250.01!"
"$250.02!"
"$1424.98--THUD!" (Drops with exhaustion)
"$1424.99! Mine! Mine! Mine!"

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
-----
"...E equals M C cubed..."
"Squared!"
"What?"
"E equals M C squared, not cubed!"
"Not in the extra-temporal physics of the time vortex!!!"
-----