Tommy Kirk

kingofduckburg@apptechnc.net kingofduckburg at apptechnc.net
Tue Dec 2 22:09:00 CET 2003

Thanks to Dan for the fascinating info on Tommy Kirk.  I have a lot of
nostalgia wrapped up in the live-action Disney films, and I found the post
quite fascinating.  I was just curious if you could point me in the direction
of a book or article about Kirk and/or the firing.  How clear was it that he
was fired because he was homosexual?  Was this a Walt decision?  How openly did
Kirk come out of the closet?

Disney company history fascinates me, and I'm fascinated by all of the
personalities involved.  I had been curious about Kirk and biographical stuff
for a while, but I have seen little info out there about him.  Like Steven
Rowe, I had just figured that the studio just had no use for Kirk after the mid-
sixties.  He's a pretty good actor, but after Old Yeller, they really put him
in some really crappy roles.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

Matt