Tarzan

kingofduckburg@apptechnc.net kingofduckburg at apptechnc.net
Fri Dec 5 19:42:34 CET 2003

Olaf wrote:

>And I KNOW that Tarzan was invented long before the late nineties. So
>whether Disney'd invented the three little pigs or not... I don't think
>that's of so great importance here. The Disney Company has invented very
>few of their movie stars.

I think Tarzan may be in a different situation becuase he was the creation of
one writer in the early twentieth century (Edgar Rice Burroughs).  I've noticed
that "Disney/Burroughs" is written beside of pictures from the Disney film on
my Disney day by day clander, so I don't think Disney has complete ownership of
the character.  Plus there is a non-Disney Tarzan tv series currently airing
the USA.

Do any of you know anything about the origins of the Three little pigs?  My
guess is that the pigs are a practically ancient and uncopyrightable folktale.

Matt