Uncle Remus comic strip & George Stallings

Niels Houlberg Hansen NHH at ra.sa.dk
Tue Dec 9 14:06:48 CET 2003

Hello everybody

According to the INDUCKS database, the "Uncle Remus" newspaper strip with
Brer Rabbit was written by George Stallings 1946-1972.
But in their book "The Illusion of Life", Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston
write that Stallings left Disney's comic strip department as early as in
1963. (This fits with the fact that The International Movie Data Base claims
that he died that year: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0821722/).
Is there anybody who knows which source is correct?
And if Stallings didn't write "Uncle Remus" 1963-1972, who did? (I think
that in his book "Disneyana" Cecil Munsey credits Jack Boyd for it, but he
was a veteran effects-animator and I have never heard about any other
scripts from his hand.)

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards
Niels