WDCS 638, cover

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Thu Dec 11 15:48:05 CET 2003

The cover of WDCS 638 shows Donald painting Bolivar's dog house, looking
the other way and painting an angry Bolivar at the same time.

On the inside of the cover, it says "cover art and color: Egmont".

I recognize the cover (flipped, though, but I recognize it) from a Donald
Duck & Co, but with totally different colours.

That puzzles me. Has Egmont made two sets of colours for this cover? In
that case, why? Is making several sets of colours for an illustration or
cover normal for one publisher? I know that all stories are coloured by the
individual publishers, but in this case it means that EGMONT made two sets
of colours.

I know nothing about how comic colouring work, which is why this interested
me.

Olaf the Blue