Please Gladstone/Gemstone, not again...

Jonathan H. Gray jongraywb at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 22 06:06:10 CET 2003

I can't speak on this without HIGHLY AGREEING. I dont exactly have the
paycheck to pay 7 a month for two books and when I pay that I'd at least not
to see half the book full of reprints. If you guys ARE gonna choose
reprints, can we at least not see something that was reprinted during the
last run? I know that I heard somewhere that Back To The Klondike was
already slated for re-reprint, and thats just silly to be kinda blunt and
honest about it. :P

You can only read The Menehune Mystery without it getting old. :P Any chance
we can see some of the later Barks material instead? You know, the stuff
that HASNT seen a reprint in years? And by years I dont mean last seen
during the Disney and Gladstone runs. For instance we've NEVER seen treasure
Of marco Polo (I think thats the name of the story) reprinted
since...well....ever. Stuff like that would be nice. -___-

And I'm also sorry - but I'd like to see the remaining Gottfredson work that
has never even seen sight in a Disney comic book. :P I know all of it isnt
exactly reprintable anymore but come on guys?

>And what about Gottfredson? And what about rare Taliaferro stuff, which
>has never been reprinted before? Just to name two other classic artists.
>
>In those prestige comics I would like to see material that I am
>*searching* for, or material that's new and fresh. Not those overused
>"classics" which are lying on almost everybody's shelves, all coming
>from the same retouched/redrawn reprint source.

Couldnt agree more. Just my two cents...

Jonathan H. Gray
The Dubba Dubba WB!
New artist of the "Sonic The Hedgehog" Comic Book

CNW & Time Trouble: My Daily Comic Strips -
http://diversions.toonzone.net/chipandwalter
The CKC Message Board -
http://diversions.toonzone.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi
Dub's Daily Journal - http://www.deadjournal.com/users/wb/