Re-re-re-reprints

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Mon Dec 22 14:52:28 CET 2003

All:

On the whole, I wouldn't argue with what's been said in the past couple
of digests about Gemstone's reprintings.  (Except about going to e-Bay
- I don't remotely agree with that reasoning.) I know why we've done
some of these seeming repetitive repetitions, and wouldn't argue the
reasons, but we are very conscious of wanting to avoid overuse as much
as we can. In the past two weeks we've been setting up the contents of
the next several months of issues (starting with the ones shipping in
May '04), and I believe we've come up with some nice mixes that will
include some of the "lesser seen" Barks.

As to the print quality of some of the Barks we have reprinted, I would
like to see that improve, too. We're working on it…and not entirely
alone, either. If all goes well, this next year may well bring about
some significant developments concerning the entire Barks canon.

Eta:

Sorry you don't care for DDA. That's pretty much my show, and along
with lettering and color touch-ups, I spend a great deal of time
filling plot holes - as they come across in English, anyway - in many
of the original scripts. And the covers - boy, I wish I could claim I
color those!

Gary