Re: José Carioca

Martin Olsen martin_olsen at post.tele.dk
Sat Feb 1 16:24:40 CET 2003

FERNANDO:
> > I was triyng to count, using the Inducks and the published strips here in
> Brazil (as "normal" stories), precisally HOW MANY Sunday Strips exist of Zé
> Carioca. I finish with the numer of 54 different strips, but since I don't
> have all of then (and never read all on their original form) I can't say
> it's correct!

ARMANDO:
> Zé Carioca was featured in the Sunday Pages from October 11th, 1942 to
> October 1st, 1944, for a total of 102 appearances.

Make that 104. (The Sunday page ran for two full years. The first strip was published on the second Sunday of October 1942, the last on the first Sunday of 1944. Thus 12 strips were published in 1942, 52 in 1943, and 40 in 1944.)

FERNANDO:
> Rosinha is Maria, but what's the original name of Rocha Vaz (Rosinha's
father) on the Sunday strips?!

The original name of Maria's father is Rocha Vaz.

Martin.