Carmen's problem

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Thu Feb 6 01:06:05 CET 2003

Hi all!

Carmen has initiated a very interesting debate.
A debate somewhat similar to one I started last
year. Then I had to ask twice to get Harry's
view about the size of Duckburg's population.
And his view was in deed important to me
- as I later have used it in an article about
the history of Duckburg.

However my interpretation of Carmen's statement
is however a bit different from Harry's. I don't
see her statement as critics against the number
of postings at DCML, but rather critics against
the focus. As I read Carmen's statement the
problem at DCML is *not* the lack of response,
but that such response sometimes has a tendency
to end up in "obscure" or "less interesting
threads". As a good example: lately I have asked
some questions around the Norwegian "En kvart
årgang" = (A quarter volume) publications without
getting any answer on one of my questions - Why
the enclosures are not included in these books.
In the same time there has been a lot of
interesting and informative answers around
the US Carl Barks Library.

Sigvald :-)