Music in last panel of Rosa's "A Little Something Special"

lgiver@postoffice.pacbell.net lgiver at postoffice.pacbell.net
Mon Feb 10 07:45:13 CET 2003

The half-page final panel of "A Little Something Special" has a small
segment
of music which Scrooge is thinking about.  This is not a cartoon shetch of
a few notes, but seems a precise copy of a measure of a real song.  I recall
when Schultz's "Peanuts" character Schroeder played his toy piano, there
were often such copies of little segments of Beethoven music (Schroeder's
favorite composer).  A few friends and I were able to identify the exact
Beethoven compositions Schroeder was playing in several of these
episodes.
            I believe Don Rosa has done something similar here, but I have
not been able to guess what song Scrooge is day-dreaming.  Has anyone?
                                    Best wishes,
                                                                Larry Giver.