DCML digest, Vol 1 #1250 - 10 msgs

olaf@andebyonline.com olaf at andebyonline.com
Mon Feb 10 12:22:34 CET 2003

DON:
> No, I again disagree. Erik (who is a Duck scholar and fan and friend) would
> never make that blunder. I think he is clearly implying in an accompanying
> text that a *story* appears "40 years later" in which the characters return,
> not that the characters are returning 40 years later in their own
> time-reality. Now, if the translator had placed into a Nephew's word balloon
> "we were here 40 years ago", that would be a blunder akin to the one in that
> French translation that made the Nephews at least 60-62 years old.

I got an explaining e-mail from Erik and understand that I have misunderstood
the context. My blunder.

OLIVIER:
> It's odd that they kept Fulton's name but changed Ratchet's.

Again - I find Norway to be odder. They gave Ratchet the same name as
Gyro, "Petter", but then changed it (not back to Ratchet, but to "Julius"), and
they also gave Fulton the name "Edison", but then later changed it back
to "Fulton"!

Olaf