Sex

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Wed Feb 19 01:03:41 CET 2003

Søren: They have kids, they are kissing, the marry, they know shame when
naked, the women have breasts, they write romantic love letters. But
they do not have sex?

Obviously there is no sex shown in the comics. There also is no sex
shown in any of Shakespeares plays. Does this mean we should suppose
that all of Shakespeares characters were asexual?

We do not see atoms. Or ultraviolet light. Or black holes. Does this
mean they do not exist? We can conclude they exist and even infer their
properties from evidence we *can* see. It's the same with the ducks
having sex: We see the effects and can - with reasonable probability -
conclude the existence of sex. This is true to the scientific method.

Cord