Donald a virgin?

Klartekst info at klartekst.no
Wed Feb 19 10:08:56 CET 2003

Søren wrote:

<Fact is however, that they never ever had any sex in their entire vitual
life (...) The ducks and the mice are stuck in their stiff universe. There
is no
"progress" as such. Daisy will never be able to prefer Donald before
Gladstone, because they are "trapped" like that. HD & L will never grow
up (or older), because they are not meant to.>

This is exactly how I feel. However, here is an amusing detail:

In a story published in Norway a few years ago, Donald applies for a job as
a maid in a big mansion. The Norwegian word for this particular type of job
is "koldjomfru" which means "cold virgin" if you translate it directly.
Donald says: "Well, I'm neither cold nor a virgin, but...".

The story may have been drawn by Branca, but I'm not sure about that. Does
any Norwegian list memebers know the story code? If so, it would be fun to
find out if this joke was also used in any other languages. Personally, I
think it was just the translater having a bit of fun. Anyway, the word
"jomfru" kan also mean "maiden", but that is a bit old fashioned.

Nils from Norway