DCML digest #1271

mateusz lis lis- at wp.pl
Sun Feb 23 12:59:18 CET 2003

Don Rosa:
> Yeah... the "green something" behind the car is the work of a colorist who
> decided the car isn't kicking up a cloud of dust but that Donald just drove
> through a great big fluffy bush.

Yes, and it looks quite stupid.

> By the way, just so you know what's going on in a similar situation...
> recently this "Three Caballeros Ride Again!" story of mine appeared in ZIO
> PAPERONE as did my "Gyro's First Invention" and "Crown of the Crusader
> Kings"... meanwhile PICSOU and KOMIX both used the Gyro story as well. In
> all cases the stories appeared in one part, and in all cases the wrong art
> (the serialized versions) was used.

You mean 2-part versions? That's nothing! Here in Poland Egmont published
three albums with your work. The first was "The Life and Time of Scrooge
McDuck" and the second and third contain these stories: "Of Ducks and Dimes
and Destinies", "Last sled to Dawson", "Hearts of the Yukon", "The Vigilante
of Pizen Bluff", "The Cowboy Captain of the Cutty Sark", "The Dutchman's
Secret", "The Treasury of Croesus", "Escape From Forbidden Valley", "Quest for
Kalevala", "The Last Lord of El Dorado", " Attack of the Hideous Space
Monsters". ALL these stories, except "Of Ducks and Dimes and Destinies" and
"Last sled to Dawson" were published in 2-parts versions!!! I have good
memory. They (I mean people from egmont) don't have to remnd me what happened
earlier in the story! But I'm happy that these stories were published here!
They haven't published "The dream of a lifetime", "Gyro's first invention",
"Three Caballeros ride again!" (!!!) and more, more stories yet. If you are
interested, here is an index of your stories publihed in my country:
http://disneymania.w.interia.pl/don_rosa_index.htm. It's quite small, isn't
it?

Best wishes,
lis