Flip (Flop)

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Tue Feb 25 01:14:58 CET 2003

Don:

> Ah, yes, there is!!! And not that I object, because I assume you
> needed the
> UPC symbol on a certain side (?). But you flipped *at least* the cover
> of
> UNCLE $CROOGE #295 and the matching cover to the 4th "Lo$" album. The
> proof,
> as the man said, is in the fact that the "D.U.C.K." dedication is
> backwards.

Well, you may be right. The placement of the UPC symbol was a regular
aggravation. Still, I can't say that I recollect flopping even that
cover - blacking out the name "Titanic" on the stern of the ship, yes,
but flopping it, no.

So maybe you don't do it consciously; your covers are nevertheless
remarkably symmetrical. Many artists do covers that, when you flop
them, they just look strange. That's never been the case with yours. (I
know, because I like to check that sort of thing out on a lightbox, or
in a big picture window on a sunny day).

Gary