DCML digest EXTRA!!!

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Tue Feb 25 20:14:30 CET 2003

DON:

> Is anyone wondering why I keep spelling it "EKSTRA" rather than
> "EXTRA"? I sure am! I thought it was the Dutch who spell that word as
> "ekstra", but I must be thinking of some other country over yonder.
> The Dutch spell it the same way we do. Sorry.

No reason to. The home country of Egmont uses "Ekstra", although the 'x'
is slowly gaining land. The term "for example" can in Danish be
abbreviated "f.eks." but also "fx" even without any periods is allowed
nowadays (in Danish). "Extra" is a bit too hip and American-wannabe to
me, but I believe the Swedes have used it for ages?!

Søren

(who can confirm that sex is still spelled "sex" in Danish :-)