Clara Cluck

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Thu Jan 2 12:08:04 CET 2003

Gelukkig Nieuwjaar, Glaedelig Nytaar, Glueckliches Neujahr, Feliz Ano Nuevo,
Souhaits de Nouvel An, Happy New Year! ...enz.

For Sigvald:

As Clara Cluck was DRAWN by BOTH Barks and Rosa, WHY NOT include them in the
Barks/Rosa Universe?  We have a small enough cast of characters with which to
build a city.  If we start removing some that we clearly have, we have even
less to work with.  Remember, Donad, himself has a humble origin (a bit part
(an "extra")in a Silly Symphony).  Was Clara Cluck's Disney origin any less
valid?  If Donald can interact with Mickey,Peter Pan, Snow White, the Seven
Dwarfs, Zeke Wolf, and probably Mulan!!! (in SOME commercial universe) Why
can't Daisy and Donald interact with Clara in comics (especially if they
already have?

Perhaps an orthodox Barksist should consider only Barks' greatest period as
the "Classical" or "Golden Period", and only characters he used THEN should be
considered for the "REAL" universe. Should that period include 1948-1952, or
1949-1950?  Or perhaps only late 1949 through early 1950?  Oops, sorry, No
Gyro, no April, May & June, no Glomgold, No Jones, No Ms. Quackfaster, no ollie
eiderduck or Uncle Eiderduck, No Rockerduck, No Fethry, No Emil, No Moby, No
Deltoid Biceppa or Fuldrip Pulpbugle...ad infinitum...  At least we won't have
to admit that Rockhead Rooster Exists!!!

No mocking intended here... Just something to think about.
As an historian and mapper of the Duck Universe, I tend to vote for the most
information possible.  I'll be curious to read what others say!
Rob Klein

Rob
Klein