Clara Cluck

Simon de Beer sdebeer at talk21.com
Wed Jan 1 17:04:07 CET 2003

> Rob Klein said;
> As Clara Cluck was DRAWN by BOTH Barks and Rosa, WHY NOT include them in
the
> Barks/Rosa Universe?  We have a small enough cast of characters with which
> build a city.  If we start removing some that we clearly have, we have
even
> less to work with.  Remember, Donad, himself has a humble origin (a bit
part
> (an "extra")in a Silly Symphony).  Was Clara Cluck's Disney origin any
less
> valid?  If Donald can interact with Mickey,Peter Pan, Snow White, the
Seven
> Dwarfs, Zeke Wolf, and probably Mulan!!! (in SOME commercial universe) Why
> can't Daisy and Donald interact with Clara in comics (especially if they
> already have?

Hear hear Rob!  I agree with your point whole heartedly. Speaking for myself
I do not understand this obsession with Barks/Rosa work which I find
exclusive.  It irks me so much I find I tend to avoid reading Rosa stories.
Clara is a character who has appeared occasionally in comics drawn by
numerous past as well as contemporary artists. She appears sometimes to be
to Daisy what Clarabelle is to Minnie.