Subject: Disney-Italy/SILF??

Gianfranco Goria gianfranco.goria at fumetti.org
Sat Jan 11 17:55:56 CET 2003

Sure.
The procedure is still in progress. The "super-lawyer" working for the Union
SILF is working at a big dossier. It will take some more time to be
completed, 'cause it will go back for a lot of years, about reprint rights,
original art and... much more.
Meanwhile there has been not a single word from Disney Italy, while the
Union is still available for a gentlemen agreement and the Union offered
this opportunity but, alas, with no result. At least, until today.
We are forced to suppose that Disney Italy prefers to lose a lawsuit than to
talk with the representatives of the Italian creators. The Italian press
already started to talk about all this, and there will be more in a few
months.
If you want to know more, you can write directly to the Union at
silf-slc at mail.cgil.it - www.fumetti.org/silf.

> Could some Italian member of DCML give us non-italians some insight what
> have been going on with creators' rights dispute with Disney/SILF?
> Fummetti.org news is only in Italian:

http://www.fumetti.org/cgi-bin/dclinks/data/viewnews.pl?newsid1037203244,414
30,.htm