Goofy Success vs. real Disney Shorts

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Mon Jan 13 01:10:05 CET 2003

For Timo: Unfortunately, I am not so well versed on Mickey and Goofy shorts,
although I have probably seen them all. But that was more than 35-40 years ago
at most recent (other than a few of the real oldies I watched at David G.'s
house a few years ago). But none of those were the stories portrayed in
the "Goofy Success story".  The Pirate film with Black Pete (presumably Peg Leg
Pete in the short) reminds me of an actual short.  So, that may not have
been "made up" for this comic.  But, i certainly don't remember a film with
Goofy in the Arctic, encountering a "Yukka Monster" (who is supposed to be some
sort of reptile?)! David G. is our resident group expert on this subject, as is
Rich Bellacera, and a few others (I apologise for not listing everyone). I am
sure at least one of our members will be able to provide a definitive answer to
this question, and also to enlighten us as to where we can look to find
information on Disney shorts.

Rob Klein