Barks font without Danish/Norwegian special characters

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Jan 20 11:48:25 CET 2003

TIMO:

> Anyway, whoever would do the
> font he/she has to make many special characters out of the blue, since
> Barks (obviously) never used them in his comics. With some reconstructing
> it might be possible.

Since hand-lettering is limited to capital letters, in most cases it
should be a matter of tweaking or combining existing letters. This
is largely true even for the more "exotic" alphabets, such as
Greek. (Trivial example: F can be turned into a gamma by erasing the
second line. Non-trivial example: Omega, where you can start with an O,
but then you have to improvise--though not much: a hand-written capital
omega is just a circle with a line underneath!) Back in my Amiga days,
this is how I had produced Greek versions of the fonts that I used
most frequently.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"A minute without you is like sixty standardized seconds."
-----