Photostats, photolits and some others thanks!

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Tue Jan 28 14:14:26 CET 2003

Chris Barat, Pete Fernbaugh and Timo Ronkainen: thank you very muck about
yours answers on the Barks/DuckTales question! A friend of mine are writing
an animation article for his site
(http://www.animagic.hpg.ig.com.br/index.htm) about DuckTales, I presume,
and he questioned me about Barks on it, and I've had no idea! Now I have!
:-)

Carmen: I agree with you...I don't like the way they've developed
Daffy...weel, I think I don't like very much his relantionship with Bugs, I
really prefer the first one! I think it's an great piece of animation his
duel with Donald in the Roger Rabbit movie. By the way, Road Runer is Chuck
Jones' most funny bird! ;-)

I think the best way to adpt Bark's classics to animation is in featurettes,
of 15, 20, 25 minutes, as "The Prince and the Pauper", for example. But I
don't think Disney will produce something like this.

David, you talked about the photostats of an Rosa story. It's in photostats
that most of the old stories remains to be published? For example, the Barks
ones that had their original art destroyed? Most brazilian stories are
exported using its original photolit, so part of then became lost in Latin
America. But, it's great to know that most of it are archived in Portugal,
that has an great care about Disney Comics! :-)

Fernando!