Free Comic Book Day

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Fri Jan 31 02:12:20 CET 2003

"M" wrote:

>So, for those of us who *do* live in the U.S. - just what *is* "Free Comic
>Book Day" and where (and when) will these free comics be available?  Is
>this something that happens in local comic shops?

I live in the US, so using my Faithful US-Living Powers That Be, I'll attempt
to answer that question:

Last year, "Free Comic Book Day" took place at local comic book stores
shortly after the theatrical release of the "Spider-Man" movie--as kind of a
"tie-in" type of deal. Comic stores offered a selection of free comics sent
by the publishers, in an attempt to draw in new readers and potential
customers.

Apparently, the project was so successful that they're attempting to make
this an annual event. Personally, I'm glad there will be a Disney giveaway
this year--and what was originally a giveaway, at that!

It's just overall great to have Disney comics back in the US. Whoo!
--
Dane
(I'm American. Not Danish. Really. That's My Name. I'm serious.)