DCML Vol 5-9 - Stuffing/Dressing

Chuck Munson chuckm_1962 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 06:10:20 CEST 2003

Hi Everyone,

A quick OT note for the gastronomes in the audience.
Stuffing, which is also known as dressing, is indeed a
side dish for turkey, be it for Thanksgiving or any
other time.  Stuffing is normally bread-based and
mixed with varying spices, but it has an infinite
number of varieties and most families who serve it
will have their favorites.  The consistancy can range
from a mix of identifiable ingredients to an almost
pudding-like blend.  My mom's included bite-sized
bread cubes moistened with chicken broth and melted
butter, with minced carrot, celery, and onion, and
seasoned with sage, parsley, salt and pepper.  Some
other recipes I've heard of include oysters or dried
cranberries.  Outside of the dried cranberries, I am
not aware of dressing being overly sweet.  Hope this
helps with this tasty holiday tradition.

Culinarily yours,
Chuck Munson
Oak Hill  VA  20171