Walt Kelly

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sun Jul 13 15:59:46 CEST 2003

SRoweCanoe at aol.com wrote:

> Hard to believe that some folks on this
> list (or is it just one folk?) believe
> that "Walt Kelly" is an unimportant
> artist. In the USA, Kelly is generally
> considered one of the greatest comic strip
> artists of the 20th Century ---
> --- certainly his name recognition factor
> among the general public is well above Barks
> or Rosa... there is even an annual festival
> held about Kelly.

Well, in America Disney Comics are sold in just a few thousands - in
Scandinavia it's sold in hundreds of thousands - thus I have a bigger trust
in the Disney-reading Scandinavian general public in this matter than in the
non-Disney-reading general American public - but that's just my personal
opinion.

Besides I prefer long stories, not short strips - but that's just my
personal view on things.

Sigvald