Extra DD Extra in the Netherlands [retry]

Michiel Prior M.J.Prior at let.rug.nl
Mon Jul 21 13:30:48 CEST 2003

DANIEL VAN EIJMEREN:

>Thisweek,anextraDonaldDuckExtrahasbeenpublishedin
>TheNetherlands.Issuenumberis71/2.

I'veboughtitlastThursdayandIcansayit'saveryNICE
issue.Let'sseeifwe'reabletoidentifythecontentsa
littlebitfurther.

>D2002-033-26pages-US-DreamofaLifetime(Rosa)

Thiscertainlyisaveryfinestory.IlikeitMUCHbetter
than'Gyro'sfirstinvention',whichwastoo'explanative'.
NoticethattheDutcheditorsutterlyfailedtocomprehend
Don's'fool-proofsystem'andpublishedtheextrarecap-page
aswell.Well,maybeweshouldregarditasaBONUS-page. :)

>H9879-1page-DD-specialplaceforsmokersin
>restaurant(Milton?)

It doesn'tlooklikeMiltontome.Couldthisgag'vebeen
drawnbyROBKLEIN?(TheartworkevenlooksabitStrobl-ish.)

>D2001-135-14pages-DD-potionthatweakensenemies
(Rota?)

ThisiscertainlyaRotastory.(Andold'WildDuck')HisDutch
nameis'McWildMcDuck',whichlooksabitsilly.IsAndold
reallyaSCOTTISHwarrior?Thepiratesinthisstorylookmuch
moreScottish(wearingkilts).

>D7096-9pages-BB-ringinchocolatebox

AsfarasIcansee,withmyverylimitedexperiencein
identifyingDuckart,thisisastorybyDanielBranca.
AmIcorrect?

>H94147-1page-DD-treeingarden(...)?

>D2001-160-12pages-DD-winnerinturkeytown(...)

AVicarstory.Donaldstartsanewlifeasa'winner'ina
towninhabitedbyturkeys.
This'alternateDuckburg'wasfoundedbyJacobusKrul,the
turkeycounterpartofCornelisPrul.

>RPDD2503-1page-US-greengrocerisanoldclassmate

ThismustbeTobyStrobl.

>BTW.DreamofaLifetime ispublishedinthetwo-
>partversion.Thereseemtobetwotypo'sinthestory.On
>page 20,Donaldsays"Donald"
>totheyoungScrooge.Onpage25,
>Gyrosays"mneeDuck"insteadof"meneerDuck".

Onpage6:"alsiemandeenvraagTstelt".Butapartfromthose
threetypo's,thisstorywasveryWELL-EDITED.Icanseethat
someballoonswereenlarged,butit'sdoneverybeautifully,
without'doublepanel-lines'.(Unlikein'Caballeros',
'CrusaderKings','Gyro's1st'.)
Therecap-pagemaybeabitannoying,butitstextisadapted
toone-partpublication.(Itdoesn'tread"Intheprevious
episode:" butsomethinglike"Doyoustillunderstandthisa
littlebit?Yes,youdo...aLITTLEbit.")Thetranslatorhas
atleasttriedtogivethisstrangepagealogicalpositionin
thestorytelling(explanation).

Michiel Prior.

P.S.: I hope this message will arrive without any annoying HTML-
thingamajigs, or else my mood towards my mailing-programme will be close
to murderous.