DCML Digest Issue 3

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Mon Jun 2 15:48:23 CEST 2003

Don Rosa wrote:

> I can't read the comics that I receive with the "Donny Duck" (so you called
> it) stories of Donald living on Grandma Duck's farm, so I don't know what
> reasons are given, if any, in the storyline to explain why he's not with his
> own parents. Egmont tells me that these stories make it clear that young
> Donald *permanently* lives on the farm and that his parents are obviously
> (to the readers) dead and gone. Izzat true?

There has so far not been ANY mention of Donald's parents in the
Paperino Paperotto/Donny Duck stories, at least not in the Egmont
stories (haven't read most of the Disney Italia ones). This means that
Donald's parents do not necessarily have to be dead; they might be
living happily on the other side of the world, or anything else.

Stefan