AW: Using Duck Stories on the Job

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Thu Jun 5 09:26:53 CEST 2003

Nils from Norway wrote:
  Yes. I teach technical writing, and I always start  the course with
the
  famous Gyro Gearloose quote "Nobody can make a machine so
  smart that some jerk won't be too dumb to run it."
There is a nice German book (Josef Spiegel: "Dem Ingenieur ist nichts zu
schwör") which shows comics inventions built in real life. The book is
an exhibit catalog of an exhibition presented in 2001 in the artists
village Schöppingen. The artists took inventions from comics and rebuilt
them in 3D. The result are over 70 great looking (but not working)
models. Most are taken from Gyro's office, a handful from other comics.

Cord