The value of Swedish translations (again)

Michael Schartau m_schartau at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:14:44 CEST 2003

From: "Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr." <sigvald at duckburg.dk>
> Barks did tell us that indirectly by giving Scrooge another last name than
> Donald. If Scrooge was intended as Donald's father's brother his name
would
> obviously had been "Duck", not "McDuck".

IMO this is not evidence enough.

A lot (more than tree) of people changes their last name to their pet name.
Perhaps Donalds father was called "duck" by his friendes and changed the
name.

or

Donalds father did not like the Mc part of his familyname and changed it.

These are two possibillities but personally I belive in the "wrong
translation".

Michael