Copies (Don Rosa)

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Wed Jun 11 09:26:08 CEST 2003

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:36:12 -0500, Don Rosa wrote:
"But all central and western European countries not only send me copies of
my works but send me at least one copy of *every* issue of their
weeklies/monthlies, and sometimes (France, Italy, Norway, Greece) send me up
to 5 copies of everything."

Would you (or others) happen to know if this is the case for ALL Disney
Comics writers and artists, or just those born in June and living in
Louisville?

YES, I'm asking on my own behalf, and I don't even bother to deny it. The
reason I ask... well, some weeks ago I asked around on the DCML if people
could buy copies for me in their countries of those Disney comics written by
_me_ (published all around the world - or Scandinavia at least - starting in
less than two weeks) because I'm really eager to see what they will look
like in exotic languages like Swedish, Danish etcetera. However - if you're
saying that the (non-Dutch) publishers normally send these issues to the
writers and artists... I wouldn't have to spend so much effort (and not to
forget, money!) on this. But, if this goes only for the "bigger" creators...
well, that's not a problem for me at all, having such great friends all over
the world in the DCML  - but I would love to know this. That way, I wouldn't
have to buy all these comics I will get for free anyway. (OK, that may not
sound like a very big deal - but in the hard world of student loans, it is!)

Olaf the Blue
www.andebyonline.com