Firebug replacement panels (was RE: Changes on Barks's "Ghost "The Fi rebug")

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Wed Jun 11 16:11:42 CEST 2003

	And again...

>Chase was on staff from 1941 on. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which stories
he drew, so I can't recognize his style for certain. If he's the guy I
*think* he is, though, then he drew the ugliest Bugs Bunny stories ever
	[snip]

	Before I appear to be insulting poor Chase as well, I should say
that when I once talked to him personally, he was almost as critical of his
Bugs art as I am now; stating that while he worked on the series, he looked
for somebody to take over the art duty from him.
	There are a number of quite badly drawn Bugs stories in the earliest
LTMM issues. I assumed from Chase's conversation with me that as per his
description, these were likely the ones he was talking about.
	Even if they're not, I should qualify my assessment of Chase's
drawing skills by pointing out that no matter how he might have rated as an
artist, he was a fine writer and a good editor, for which I admire him to
this day.

	David