Chase Craig's Bugs Bunny!

JTorci3511@aol.com JTorci3511 at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 02:09:48 CEST 2003

David and Everyone:

David Gerstein wrote:

"Chase was on staff from 1941 on. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which
stories he drew, so I can't recognize his style for certain. If he's the guy
I *think* he is, though, then he drew the ugliest Bugs Bunny stories ever
(that's not a statement I make lightly!), and could not have drawn anything
as goodlooking as the last "Firebug" panels."

You appear to be correct in identifying Chase Craig's Bugs Bunny.  About 20
years ago, Roger Armstrong told me that Craig had drawn the unusual looking
Bugs Bunny story(ies) in LOONEY TUNES AND MERRIE MELODIES # 2.  This one featured
all sorts of strange supporting animal characters, including (...as I recall)
a tiger.

David, if you have this book -- or have access to it - you can now confirm
Craig's art style.  I'll see you at San Diego in a month!

Now, would someone please positively identify for me specific examples (with
issue numbers and titles) of Bugs Bunny stories by Tom Mc Kimson.  I have ALL
the Dell Bugs Bunny issues, and many of the older LT&MMs, so just refer to
anything therein.  David, you (...or any member, for that matter) can answer me
privately, if this is "off topic".

Oh, and thanks to everyone on the DCML for improving the general tone of the
list.  For a while there, I was NOT enjoying it at all.  Now, it's much
better.  Can we please keep it this way!

Joe Torcivia.