Tragic Gladstone Gander (reply to an old email)

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sun Jun 15 20:46:01 CEST 2003

KAI SAARTO, 15-11-2002:

> Gladstone as a tragic figure. That would be cool. Something like
> $crooge and Goldie.

There has been a Dutch story about Gladstone being tragic. Somewhere in
the late 1990s or early 2000s. I think it was a tenpager, or thereabouts.

In this story Gladstone is bragging to Donald, about having more luck
than Donald, and therefore having more succes in life, etc. Suddenly,
Donald critically asks if Gladstone has any *friends*. What follows is
an IMHO beautiful scene with an empty looking, *sad* Gladstone.

I found this a very interesting angle on Gladstone as character.

Does someone know which story I'm typing about?

--- Daniël