Did Barks originate the lucky dime?

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Wed Jun 25 01:56:07 CEST 2003

Just a few questions:

Was Barks the creator of Scrooge's *lucky* dime?
In which story does the lucky dime appear for the first time?

I've always thought that Barks was the creator, but maybe it came
from someone else? And when did artists other than the creator take
over this concept? Is there someone who knows more about the history
of the lucky dime?

BTW. I *don't* mean the first dime as coin, which indeed was created
by Barks and made its debut in the watertank money bin story (OS 495).
I mean the *luck* that is said to be coming from the dime.

--- Daniël