Storycodes in Gemstone's new issues?

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Fri Jun 27 08:15:26 CEST 2003

As it will be a few months before I get to finally read the new Gemstones
books (I have my local Comic Shop Guy holding them for me until I return
from China again), and having just recently picked up the Free "Maharajah
Donald" offering, I'm curious how Gemstone is handling storycodes?  I mean,
I noticed in Maharajah Donald & the second story, they listed the
"original" printings of both of those stories.  Of course, both were
originally printed in the USA.  However, with many of the new stories
presented in Uncle Scrooge, WDC&S and the other three titles, their
original printings will have been outside of the USA.  I noticed neither
story in Maharajah Donald included a "storycode" on the first page/panel of
the comics so I'm wondering how Gemstone is handling such identification
for non-USA original printings?

I might be in the minority, but I am curious about where these comics first
appeared, and the storycodes are a great way to search out other printings
of them as well (using the INDUCKS).

Thanks,

Rich Bellacera
xephyr at cwnet.com