Daniel's Hypnotism Quiz --- WDC&S #258.

lgiver@postoffice.pacbell.net lgiver at postoffice.pacbell.net
Sun Jun 29 07:26:06 CEST 2003

Scrooge received another perfumed letter from Magica in
"Ten-Cent Valentine" C&S #258, March 1962.  This time
smelling the valentine did not hypnotise him, but he worried
specifically that "She'll HYPNOTIZE me make me OPEN
the safe!" (where his #1 dime is), on page 2, panel 8.
Scrooge avoided being hypnotized, but Magica used a bottle
of "Attar of Arabeee" perfume to hypnotize Donald on
page 8, panel 5, and in panel 7 he tells her Dewey has
the #1 dime.
    So Barks used the term "hypnotize" in this Magica story.
                                                -----Larry Giver.